Quality & Safety Report
Overall Rating: 3/5 Stars
Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve while providing exceptional and compassionate care. Among our core values are continuous improvement and accountability. That's why West Tennessee Healthcare provides data available from CMS Hospital Compare, the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS), and our current internal data.
Our Quality and Safety Measures Report has four major categories: Patient Safety Measures, Quality of Care, Patient Perception Survey (HCAHPS) and Efficiency/Cost of Care.
- We are accredited by The Joint Commission and meet all the rigorous qualifications for patient safety and quality required. The Joint Commission is a nationally recognized, independent evaluator of quality for hospitals across the nation.
- We are a Tennessee Hospital Association Patient Safety Partner (THA) to help provide safe and cost efficient care for our patients.
- The Society of Thoracic Surgery (STS) provides data for us so we can benchmark, helping us to provide high quality chest and heart surgery care.
- We report data to the American College of Cardiology (ACC) to help us continually improve and provide excellence in care of heart diseases including heart attacks, valve repair and heart failure care.
- We are one of 16 hospitals in the State of Tennessee that are members of the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) that reports and tracks data for surgery patients to provide the best surgical outcomes and lowest complication rates possible by collaborating with other high quality surgery programs throughout the nation.
- We partner with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) to pursue bold, innovative ways to improve healthcare.
Sources for the Quality & Safety Report
CMS Hospital Compare
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Tennessee Hospital Association (THA) Patient Safety Partnership
Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP)
American Heart Association (AHA)