Jackson-Madison County General Hospital has the only hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) program outside the Memphis and Nashville area.
HBOT is a treatment in which the patient breathes 100 percent oxygen inside a pressurized chamber. The therapy quickly delivers high concentrations of oxygen to the bloodstream, assists in the healing process of wounds, and is effective in fighting certain types of infections. HBOT stimulates the growth of new blood vessels and improves circulation. Therapy is given daily and the number of therapy visits you receive will depend on your diagnosis.
HBOT can be beneficial but you, the patient, must be committed to success and learning about the process. We encourage you to ask questions.
HBOT is used to treat a variety of conditions including:
- Enhancement of healing in selected problem wounds
- Crush injuries
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections
- Radiation tissue damage
- Skin grafts and flaps
- Diabetic wounds of the lower extremity
- Acute traumatic injury
- HBOT is usually given on an outpatient basis. If you drive, you may drive yourself to the Center for therapy and should allow up to three hours for each visit
- Medicare and most healthcare plans reimburse for HBOT for "currently accepted indications"
- Our courteous and professional staff is available to assist you with all your personal insurance issues
- We look forward to serving you. Please contact a member of our staff with your questions and concerns regarding your therapy