This page will assist you with the new hire process at West Tennessee Heatlhcare. If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 731-265-1120.
Human Resources--Your First Day of Employment
Representatives of Human Resources will provide your initial new hire documents and collect required documentation from you. On your first day of Orientation, you will be asked to supply the following information:
- Identification: two forms of ID are required to prove U.S. citizenship or permission to work in the U.S. This information is used to complete the I-9 Form, which is required by the federal government to document employment eligibility
- Competency verification: bring copies of all licensure and/or certification cards related to your position (if required) with you to your appointment. Examples include: TN state licensure or certification or AHA or Basic or Advanced Life Support certification cards
- Direct Deposit: a voided blank check and/or savings account number and bank routing number will be needed to complete paperwork to have your payroll check direct deposited to the banking institution(s) of your choice.
To download, print, and complete many of the forms you'll need to complete during orientation, please click here.
Employee Health--Preparing for Your Health and Safety at Work
As a new employee, you will be required to complete an Employee Health visit prior to your first day of employment. Human Resources will arrange the appointment date and time with you. This appointment lasts approximately 30 minutes. This visit is conducted to ensure you are physically able to perform the essential functions of your job, check your immunizations and perform a drug screen examination. Your Employee Health appointment must be completed before you attend New Employee Orientation.
What to bring to your Employee Health visit:
- Documentation of any immunizations, TB test or labs previously received
- Any prescriptions you are currently taking
New Employee Orientation--Welcome New Employees!
All new employees will spend the first day and a half of employment attending New Employee General Hospital Orientation. These sessions are conducted by speakers from the various departments of the hospital and are held every two weeks on Monday and Tuesday, except holidays, at the J. Walter Barnes Auditorium on the Jackson-Madison County General Hospital campus (620 Skyline Drive, Jackson, TN 38301). General Hospital Orientation is 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on Monday and 7:30 a.m.-Noon on Tuesday.
This program will introduce you to West Tennessee Healthcare and other important information related to the culture, compliance, benefits and safety. You can expect:
- Coffee, juice, and a light breakfast to help you wake up in the morning
- Lunch on Monday
- Materials needed as a new employee of West Tennessee Healthcare
- Your employee ID badge
Parking on New Employee Orientation Day:
Free parking is available in the employee-designated areas of the Jackson-Madison County General Hospital campus. You may park in the Employee Parking Lot, Parking Garage 1, or Employee Parking Garage. Shuttle buses will be available to take you to the conference center. Please arrive 15 minutes early to accommodate time for locating the conference center, parking, registration, and refreshments.
What to Wear...
Professional/casual business attire or uniform (no jeans, capri pants, flip flops, sweat pants, shorts, or exposed midriffs allowed). Consider wearing layered clothing since the room temperature may not be comfortable for each individual. No tattoos should be visible as well as bare middriffs and/or body piercings. Women are allowed a maximum of two ear piercings in each lower lobe.
We Are Here to Help...
It is the policy of West Tennessee Healthcare to provide reasonable accommodation for employees with disabilities. Please contact Human Resources at 731-265-1120 if you need to request accommodations.
Driving directions, click here. Once you arrive on the hospital campus, please park in Garage 1 and proceed to the Medical Founders Room.