The Employee Wellness Center, located inside Jackson-Madison County General Hospital is open and free to all employees. You must have an ID badge and complete an orientation session to use the Center.
Interested in Membership:
If you're ready to start an exercise program but have not attended the required orientation, please call Employee Health & Wellness Services (731-265-1081) and schedule your appointment.
Orientation takes about 30 minutes. (You must be off the clock.)
To find the next date or to pre-register, call 731-422-7910.
Location: Lower Level Tunnel (formerly Cardiac Rehab between escalator and old laundry entrance)
The Staff Fitness Center is for use only by District employees, members of the District medical staffs, and UT Family Medicine residents. It is not for the use of family, friends, or other non-eligible persons. The cost: FREE!
Wellness Center Reminders:
1. The Staff Fitness Center is closed during Orientation times, as well as times when the equipment is undergoing maintenance.
2. We received a note that children have been brought to the Center. Please remember that the Center is available only to employees of WTH, members of our medical staffs, and the UT Family Medicine residents who have undergone Orientation. Guests, whether they are employees, family, or friends of current members, are not allowed.
3. Several were recently concerned about the soiled attire (greasy clothing, muddy shoes) worn by an employee while working out. Although Environmental Services staff does an excellent job keeping the center "spotless," it is everyone's responsibility to follow safe hygiene practices while using the Center. Cleaning agents are available for participants to use after equipment use. Prevention is another method for avoiding the spread of germs. Even though athletic clothing is not required, the expectation is that good judgment will be used regarding what is worn during workouts. Please refrain from working out while wearing clothing that is soiled.
4. Exercise has many benefits. Proper exercise can increase muscle strength, coordination and balance. It is one effective method for relieving stress. Many respected authorities in the health field agree that the right kind of exercising can lead to better overall health.
5. The Staff Fitness Center is for use only by District employees, members of the District medical staffs, and UT Family Medicine residents. It is not for the use of family, friends, or other non-eligible persons. The cost: FREE!