Working in partnership with the patient, the West Tennessee Neuroscience and Spine Center provides a comprehensive multidisciplinary stroke program that is committed to providing patients the full continuum of stroke care--from evaluation, diagnosis, treatment recovery, and rehabilitation.
Jackson-Madison County General Hospital's Stroke Team:
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Emergency Medical Transport
- West Tennessee Neuroscience & Spine specialty clinic
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologists
- Neuro Intensive Care Unit
- 34-Bed Step down neurological disease or surgery unit.
- Physical Medicine and Rehab: physicians; physical, speech, and occupational therapists; social workers.
Because stroke is the number one cause of disability in the U.S., the public is encouraged to go online to take a free, easy health risk assessment called STROKEaware. Click here to take the STROKEaware assessment.. It only takes a few minutes. If risks are detected, the person may be eligible for a free screening that includes a visit with a nurse, blood pressure check, body mass index measurement, cholesterol test, and more. At-risk individuals are referred to their doctors for immediate follow-up.
For more information, call the Stroke Program Coordinator at 1-800-601-0830.