When you come to MedSouth Medical Center--whether that be in Dyersburg, Halls, or Newbern--you are coming to a much bigger picture. MedSouth is part of West Tennessee Healthcare--one of the top 10 largest public health systems in the U.S.*
MedSouth offers expert care by family physicians, nurse practitioners, and numerous specialists (cardiology, dermatology, urology, orthopedics, neurology, etc.) but that care is extended with the resources at West Tennessee Healthcare:
- Jackson-Madison County General Hospital:
- Licensed for 635 beds
- Seven Intensive Care Units (surgical, medical, neuro, pediatrics, cardiovascular, cardiac care, and neonatal)
- Level lIIb Neonatal Unit
- Perinatology Clinic for women having high-risk pregnancies
- 300+ physicians on medical staff (90% board-certified)
- Diagnostics: MRI (open and closed), CAT, CT, 64-Slice CT, nuclear medicine, special procedures, mammography, digitial mammography, and more.
- Heart cath labs, heart surgery within West Tennessee Heart and Vascular Center
- Medical and radiation oncology within fully accredited Kirkland Cancer Center
- Robotic microsurgery
- Full service outpatient surgery center
- Full-service reference and outreach lab--Medical Center Laboratory a leader in technology, automation, and robotics.
*Modern Health Magazine, 2007