Pathways Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program
Pathways Behavioral Health Services
An affiliate of West Tennessee Healthcare
457 Hannings Lane, Martin, TN 38237
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
(Closed on holidays)
Available through TennCare (1-800-883-2365) for scheduled transportation service.
For more information:
What is Psychiatric Rehabilitation?
Definition: An array of consumer-centered services designed to assist the individual to attain or maintain his or her optimal level of functioning. Services involve assessing the individual's readiness and/or interest in the development of a rehabilitation plan followed by either a plan to develop readiness or a specific rehabilitation plan. These services are to assist the individual to develop or improve the skills and supports needed in order to perform as successfully and independently as possible in the living, working, learning, or socializing roles and environments of their choice.
Mission: To assist persons with long-term psychiatric disabilities increase their functioning so they are successful and satisfied in the environments of their choice with the least amount of ongoing professional intervention.
The Pathways Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program
We assist individuals recovering from mental illness. We assist participants in choosing vocational, educational, residential, and social goals. Members develop the skills and environmental supports needed for success and self-satisfaction leading to community reintegration.
Our trained and caring staff responds to an individual's dissatisfaction with current life roles, relationships, levels of community participation, and the concurrent wish to make a change in or maintain their status, especially in the areas of work, education, housing, and social opportunities in the community.
A successful participation in the program will render the individual more knowledgeable, skilled, self-sufficient, independent, confident, and prepared to re-enter the community environment of choice.
The Program Consists of Three Tracks
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation: Consists of weekly groups in which consumers focus on their rehabilitation goals and are educated on the following modules:
- Illness Management and Recovery
- Medication Management Approaches in Psychiatry
- Assertive Community Treatment
- Co-occurring Disorders
- Family Psycho-education
- Peer Support: A consumer-facilitated group, which focuses on providing companionship, mutual support, and self-advocacy. This service is non-clinical and is not meant to provide a treatment intervention. Instead, it promotes peer support and socialization
- Supported Employment (Madison, Haywood, and Henderson Counties): Provides assistance to consumers for the purpose of modifying behaviors that represent barriers for the consumer to become gainfully employed or maintain gainful employment