Our culture is built around love and respect for people. Jackson-Madison County General Hospital is the 635-bed tertiary care hospital that is the anchor of the 1,100-bed West Tennessee Healthcare system.
Named one of the largest, not-for-profit healthcare systems in the U.S.,* West Tennessee Healthcare is different for a very good reason--our people make the difference!
West Tennessee Healthcare and Jackson-Madison County General Hospital points of interest:
- Self-supporting with 5,000 employees and 400+ on the medical staff.
- Seven intensive care units: neurological, medical, surgical, coronary, cardiothoracic, neonatal, and pediatric.
- 23-room Operating Room Suite.
- In-house anesthesia coverage.
- 62-bed Emergency Department
- Rehabilitation Center on-site.
- Imaging Center with 24-hour radiologists, PACS radiology system, and interventional radiologist on-site.
- Major Centers: Ayers Children's Medical Center, West Tennessee Rehabilitation Center, West Tennessee Heart and Vascular Center, Kirkland Cancer Center, Emergency Services, West Tennessee Neuroscience and Spine, and the West Tennessee Women's Center.
- Early childhood developmental intervention services.
- System of outpatient rehabilitation facilities located throughout the area--Sports Plus Rehab Centers and Work Plus Rehab Center.
- Behavioral and mental health inpatient and outpatient services provided through Pathways Behavioral Health Services.
- Emergency transport through on-site ambulance, mobile ICU, and helicopter.
- Five affiliate hospitals: Bolivar General Hospital, Camden General Hospital, Humboldt General Hospital, Gibson General Hospital, and Milan General Hospital.
- Seven primary care clinics located in Bradford, Camden, Dyersburg, Halls, Jackson (two locations), and Newbern.
- Three specialist clinics: West Tennessee OB/Gyn Services, West Tennessee Neurosciences, and the CardioThoracic Surgery Center.
*Modern Healthcare magazine, June 2004.
Contact us at 731-265-1120.