Evaluations and treatments are performed by certified Occupational Therapists to improve strength, endurance, fine motor skills, activities of daily living (ADL), and functional independence in the home, community, and work setting.
The occupational therapists at Work Plus Rehab provide services such as work hardening, industrial rehabilitation, driver rehabilitation, and intensive therapy services to individuals in the West Tennessee area. Other diagnoses and services provided are:
- Neurological: stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, brachial plexus injuries, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, and other progressive diseases
- Advanced Orthopedic: upper extremity fractures, nerve and tendon injuries
- Cognitive Deficits: memory, attention, comprehension, new learning, problem solving
- Activities of Daily Living: money management, sequencing, driving, safety, hygiene
- Wheelchair Seating and Positioning: pressure ulcer management and prevention, pressure mapping and power wheelchair mobility evaluations
The goal of our program is to enable individuals to attain the highest level of independence in regards to physical and mental functioning. This can include work, home, and leisure activities that are important to the individual.
Meet the therapists:
Woody Tatman--Woody received his occupational therapy bachelor's degree from East Carolina University in 1988. He has worked for West Tennessee Healthcare for the past 23 years and has practiced in a variety of areas within the system. He is a certified KEY Method Functional Capacity evaluator and a Certified Driving Rehab Specialist.
Cody Stovall--Cody received his occupational therapy master's degree from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in 2010. He primarily works in outpatient therapy and has been with Work Plus since June 2010. He performs driving evaluations, job placement assessments, and treats a variety of orthopedic and neurological injuries.