Jackson-Madison County General Hospital promotes breastfeeding as a baby's best start in life! Lactation services are offered by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants, who are trained in the techniques and science of breastfeeding. They will assist mothers in learning skills to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding. Once back at home, mothers may call the lactation consultant — at no charge! For more information, call 731-541-BABY (2229).
Additional Lactation Services:
- Breastfeeding classes.
- In-house hospital assistance and support.
- Information and assistance for new parents with sick or premature babies in NeoICU.
- Electric breast pump rentals and sales, as well as other maternity supplies are available through Medical Center Medical Products. For more information call 731-664-4305.
- At-home information and support available by telephone.
- Professional lactation education.
- The Amazing Benefits of Breast Milk