What Is Cardiothoracic Surgery?
You’re probably familiar with the terms “cardiac,” which refers to the heart, and “cardiovascular,” which references the heart or vascular system. “Cardiothoracic” is a similar term, combining “cardiac” care with “thoracic” care, which deals with medical conditions within the thorax.
West Tennessee’s First Choice for Cardiothoracic Surgery
Cardiothoracic surgeons have specialized expertise in the surgical treatment of medical conditions affecting the chest, including heart disease and lung disease.
Our specialized team can help identify the problem and determine the best strategy for treating it.
Services & Specialities
Minimally invasive aortic valve surgery replacement
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Off Pump Coronary Bypass
- Aneurysm of the Aorta (abdominal and thoracic)
- Carotid Artery Blockage
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery
- Minimally invasive maze procedure for atrial fibrillation
- Minimally invasive coronary artery bypass procedures
- Aortic valve and mitral valve repair and replacement
- Thoracic surgery – pulmonary nodules, VATS
- Lung masses and cancer – assessment and treatment planning, surveillance, minimal access biopsy and resection
- Mediastinal disease – assessment and treatment planning
- Endovascular aortic cardiac pacemakers surgery
- Robotic thoracic surgery
- Pulmonary nodule clinic
Heart Rhythm Clinic
The Heart Rhythm Clinic is an experienced leader in the area of electrophysiology.
Disease and Tests
Our staff specializes in diagnosing and treating irregular heartbeats, as well as implanting cardiac devices.
Our clinic works with patients to provide the best outcomes and return to a healthy quality of life.