- Whole grain pasta
- ½- ¾ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Avocado
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic (only 1 for sauce, 1-2 for asparagus)
- 1 Lemon (1/2 for sauce, squeeze for chicken)
- 1 large Chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp of Dried oregano, dried thyme, garlic powder
- 1 pinch of parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roasted tomatoes and asparagus
- On a baking sheet, combine tomatoes, asparagus, a drizzle of olive oil, diced garlic, pepper, and parsley. Roast in oven for 10-12min at 400F.
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken, oregano, thyme, oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper. Coat chicken evenly.
- Cook over medium-high heat until cooked thoroughly. Set aside to rest.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Scoop out a cup of starchy pasta water, set aside.
- In a blender, combine avocado, 2tbsp olive oil, basil, 1 garlic clove, juice from ½ of a lemon, pepper,
and a small amount of pasta water. Add more pasta water until you reach
desired texture. In a large mixing bowl, coat pasta in the sauce. Add in roasted tomatoes w/ the juices from the pan.
- Twirl pasta onto plate.
- Slice chicken, stack on edge of pasta
- Place asparagus on plate.
- Sprinkle basil and parmesan on top.