Facing the end of life can be difficult, whether you’re the patient or a loved one. Hospice of West Tennessee is here to help families facing a life-limiting illness make the most of the time that remains.
The Hospice Care That’s Needed to Enhance Quality of Life
The focus of hospice services is on improving or maintaining quality of life for patients who are near death. At Hospice of West Tennessee, a team of providers focuses on caring for patients as a whole—physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The ultimate goal of hospice care is to ensure patient comfort.
Support Not Just for the Patient, But Also for the Family
Since 1986, Hospice of West Tennessee has been providing care to patients and their families regardless of the ability to pay. In most cases, hospice services are provided in the patient’s home—allowing him or her to rest in the comfort of home.
A team of professionals, including clinicians, chaplains, social workers, nurse practitioner, and a palliative-certified physician, offer care and support to both patients and their loved ones as they navigate the end of life. This includes assistance with making vitally important end-of-life decisions about care and other issues.
Offering West Tennessee Compassionate Hospice Care
When a person is in need of hospice care, both the patient and his or her family need compassion and access to necessary services. Hospice of West Tennessee offers the utmost care in this circumstance:
- Accredited by The Joint Commission, meaning the program adheres to best practices in providing care
- Honored annually as Hospice Honors recipient by Deyta Analytics, recognizing the highest level of quality as measured from a caregiver’s point of view
- Offer a children’s grief camp each summer for the community at large, not limited to patients’ families
- Offer a monthly grief support group open to the community
- Facilitate a bereavement program for families following the death of a hospice patient
- The only not-for-profit hospice provider in the area
How to Refer
Anyone can make a referral for a friend or loved one in need of hospice care by reaching out to Hospice of West Tennessee.
What is Hospice?
Hospice is a specific type of care focused on the needs of patients at the end of life and their families.