West Tennessee Healthcare
Jackson-Madison County General Hospital
When you need expert medical care, you don’t want to have to travel to Memphis or Nashville to access those services. West Tennessee Healthcare Jackson-Madison County General Hospital is here to ensure you don’t have to—offering the care you need, close to home.
What Sets Us Apart
West Tennessee Healthcare Jackson-Madison County General Hospital is the flagship hospital of West Tennessee Healthcare. A 642-bed tertiary care center, the hospital serves a 17-county area encompassing most of rural west Tennessee.
A Full Spectrum of Expertise in Jackson & Madison County
As the flagship hospital of West Tennessee Healthcare, we’re able to offer patients a full spectrum of services to meet their health needs, including six centers of excellence. All services are provided with a “high-tech, high-touch” approach to providing care.
Our services include:
- Advanced services related to the brain and spine through West Tennessee Neuroscience and Spine Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular services through West Tennessee Heart and Vascular Center, including the only open-heart surgery program in rural west Tennessee
- Imaging services for the diagnosis of medical conditions, including mammography
- Interventional Radiology
- Oncology services, including diagnosis, treatment, and recovery through Kirkland Cancer Center
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Disorders Clinic for the diagnosis and management of sleep health conditions
- Surgical services, including robotic microsurgery for procedures such as hysterectomies, prostatectomies, and hernia repair
- Women’s health services through West Tennessee Women’s Center
Other Info to Know
Visitation is allowed between 5 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. on weekends. Patients other than those with COVID-19 are allowed two visitors per day. COVID-19 patients may receive one designated visitor during their hospital stay. Children younger than age 12 are not allowed in the ICU or Labor and Delivery without prior consent of the healthcare team. Younger children must be supervised at all times while in the hospital.
A food court is located on the lower level of the A tower with a variety of menu items. Guests can pick up their food in the food court or order ahead using InstaEat. Other food options include a Starbucks located on the lower level next to the food court and a Subway located on the lower level.
A gift shop is available for patients and visitors, located on the main level of the hospital across from the elevators. Patients and visitors also have access to a labyrinth located outside the entrance to garage 1 and a chapel located behind the main desk.