West Tennessee Healthcare will bill Medicare and any supplemental insurance for inpatient and outpatient services, at the patient’s request, if information is provided at the time of service. Patients are responsible for any charges not covered by Medicare and/or supplemental insurance.
Medicare Deductible and Coinsurance Amounts for 2022:
Part A Inpatient Deductible: (pays for inpatient hospital, skilled nursing facility, and some home health care)
For each benefit period Medicare pays all covered costs except the Medicare Part A deductible (2022 = $1,556.00) during the first 60 days and coinsurance amounts for hospital stays that last beyond 60 days and no more than 150 days. For each benefit period Medicare beneficiaries will pay:
- Days 1 – 60 $1,556.00
- Days 61 – 90 $389.00 per day
- Days 91 – 150 $778.00 per day (Lifetime Reserve Days)
- All costs for each day beyond 150 days
Note: Medicare beneficiaries have 60 Lifetime Reserve Days available at day 91
Part B Outpatient Deductible: (covers Medicare eligible physician services, outpatient hospital services, certain home health services, durable medical equipment)
- $233.00 per year. (Note: Medicare beneficiaries pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount for services after the $233.00 deductible is met.)
Skilled Nursing Facility Co-insurance
- Days 1 – 20 Medicare Covers
- Days 21 – 100 $194.50 per day
In addition to the deductible amount, Medicare beneficiaries may also be liable for co-insurance.
Additional information regarding Medicare can be found on the Medicare Frequently Asked Questions page.