Your surgeon’s office staff will schedule your procedure. Once your procedure is scheduled we will need you to “pre-admit” as early as possible prior to your scheduled surgery. They will inform you if you need to make an appointment with pre-admissions.
1. Personal Visit Pre-Admission Process:
If you have a health history that is somewhat complicated then it may be necessary to actually schedule a visit at our Pre-Admission department that is located inside Jackson-Madison County General Hospital. This department is located on the first floor of the new tower. It is best to approach from Skyline Drive onto the hospital campus. You may park in the parking lot or in Garage 1. Enter on the first floor and follow the signs toward Admissions or Pre-Admission. Your doctor will give you instructions about what you should eat or not eat before your pre-admission visit.
During this visit a registered nurse will review your medical history, obtain a list of medications, and discuss additional tests needed prior to the morning of surgery. Testing, including blood work, urinalysis, X-rays, or EKGs may be required before your procedure.
Please call to 731-541-6919 to make your appointment. We will accept appointments Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m., except for Wednesdays. On Wednesdays, we will accept appointments from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
2. Phone Pre-Admission Process:
If you are a candidate for a phone pre-admission, someone from the hospital or West Tennessee Surgery Center will call you. You will receive approximately three (3) phone calls.
- Registration — This is for your insurance information, current address and phone number, emergency contacts, etc. Please inform the registration person the best number to contact you during the day.
- Anesthesia and Health Assessment — An admission nurse will call to you to discuss your health history. Having your current medications, past medical history and past surgical history available will make this process go smoothly and quickly. The nurse will be able to address any concerns about your surgery or direct you to the correct person that can assist you.
- Nurse Liaison — You may receive a call from the nurse liaison for the arrival time for your surgery. You may call the day before your surgery between 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. to inquire about your arrival time if you wish.
You will also receive instructions for the day of surgery, including teaching specific for your procedure. West Tennessee Surgery Center is a very modern facility with the latest in technology to provide the very best service for patients and their families.
The 33,000 square-foot Surgery Center provides facilities for outpatient surgery that do not require an overnight stay.
NONDISCRIMINATION NOTICE STATEMENT
West Tennessee Healthcare (WTH) does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, Limited English Proficiency or sex, including discrimination based on gender identity, sexual orientation, sex stereotyping or pregnancy in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by WTH directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which WTH arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
For further information about this policy, contact Amy Garner (731) 541-9914.