Home Medical Equipment and Supplies
Medical Center Medical Products staff work to make your life a little easier. Our staff helps you get the right equipment you need to get better in the comfort of your home, and our delivery technicians bring your medical products to your door. Our staff will provide training, so you feel confident that you know how to use the equipment safely and correctly. If it’s a custom fit you need, we provide that, too. We serve all of west Tennessee and have staff on call 24/7 in case of emergency. We are your convenient source for the home medical supplies you need.
Equipment and Supplies Designed for Your Home
We offer many products, including:
- Bathroom Aids
- Bariatric Equipment and Supplies
- Braces and Splints
- Breastfeeding Support Services
- Compression Hosiery and Diabetic Shoes
- CPM Machines
- Hospital Beds and Patient Lifts
- Incontinence Products
- Seat Lift Chairs
- Urological Products
- Wound Care Supplies
- Wheelchairs and Walking Aids
- Walkers, Crutches, and Canes
Respiratory Care Services
When we deliver our oxygen assistance products, we also provide training in how to use them for physician-prescribed therapy.
- Aerosol Therapy
- Oxygen Therapy
- Pulse Oximetry
- Tracheostomy Care
- Volume and Pressure Supported Ventilators
Get Your Medical Product
If you need one of our services, ask your doctor to call Medical Center Medical Products. Our staff will work with your doctor and your insurance provider. Please contact us at 731-664-4305 if you have any questions.
Custom Rehab Equipment and Supplies
Medical Center Medical Products specializes in Custom Rehab Equipment, setting us apart from other local companies. We employ 2 nationally credentialed Assistive Technology Providers (ATP), who have extensive training and experience in fitting patients in custom wheelchairs and all other types of rehab equipment. Our ATPs are fluent in the most up-to-date rehab technology, products, and methods.
Custom Rehab Equipment is often crucial for the best possible outcomes for a patient, and West Tennessee physicians know they can count on Medical Center Medical Product ATPs to be knowledgeable about rehab therapies, Medicare, and Medicaid. Our staff takes care of much of the medical paperwork required for the wheelchair, lift chair, or crutch you need. When your equipment needs to be repaired, we provide that service, as well.
Rehab Medical Equipment We Can Customize for You
- Wheelchairs, both Standard, Lightweight and Powered
- Sport Wheelchairs
- Specialty Beds
- Pressure Relief Bed Surfaces
- Pediatric Cribs
- Gait Trainers
- Car Seats
- Bath Equipment
- Aids to Daily Living
Seating & Mobility Equipment We Can Fit for You
- Specialty Power Chair Controls
- Power Tilt Systems
- Power Tilt and Recline Systems
- Custom Pads
What to Expect When You Order Your Custom Rehab Equipment
Custom does take time. We want you to be in the know, so if you have questions beyond the general
timeline outlined below for custom rehab equipment, please let us know.
Step 1 — Evaluating Client and Designing Chair
Expect 2 days to 1 week.
Step 2 – Funding Approval
Collecting medical information and documentation, submitting to a funding source, and waiting for
approval. Expect 4 to 16 weeks.
Step 3 – Purchasing, Receiving, and Component Verification
Expect 3 to 6 weeks.
Step 3 – Purchasing, Receiving, and Component Verification
Expect 3 to 6 weeks.
Step 5 – Delivering and Performing Final Fitting
Expect 2 to 3 days.
Home Respiratory Services
Specializing in adult and pediatric care, Medical Center Medical Products Home Respiratory Services provides home oxygen and respiratory services to the west Tennessee community. Our experienced staff of respiratory therapists and oxygen service technicians provides the equipment and education needed to help ensure comfort and safety in the home with 24-hour on-call support.
Our selection of respiratory equipment includes:
- Apnea monitors
- CPAP devices
- Bi-level machines
- Nebulizers, adult and pediatric
- Oxygen concentrators and portable units
- Pulse oximeters
- Volume and pressure supported ventilators
Sleep apnea is now recognized as a serious and pervasive problem. Sleep disorders adversely affect one’s health, mood, and energy level as well as safety! A sleep study may be performed at a qualified Sleep Disorders Center to determine the presence and severity of sleep apnea. After medical confirmation that a patient suffers from obstructive sleep apnea, a device called a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) is prescribed to maintain open airways. A similar device called a BiPAP is prescribed for some patients with additional needs. These devices provide airflow at prescribed pressures during sleep, eliminating the danger that is present when one stops breathing during sleep.
Most Medical Center Medical Products’ patients using CPAPs and BiPAPs report:
- Better quality sleep
- A feeling of arising rested in the morning
- More energy
- Increased alertness
- Improved thinking abilities
As a result, once adjusted to their unit, it becomes a welcomed and integral part of a patient’s life. We carry a variety of masks and units, and our staff of professionals is highly trained and well-experienced in fitting the right equipment to the patient to make the transition as easy as possible. We are rewarded by seeing our patients gain better health through better sleep!
Learn about the Sleep Disorders Center
Follow These Suggestions to Improve Your CPAP Therapy
- Once you get your CPAP equipment, use it regularly so you remain familiar with how it works and to get the most health benefits.
- Use distilled water in your humidifier.
- Keep it clean. Rinse daily, and wash the mask, humidifier chamber, and tubing with warm, soapy water. Wash your filter two times a week.
- Regularly examine your machine and all its parts for worn areas or leaks.
Suggested Schedule for Replacing Your CPAP Supplies
- Every month, use 2 disposable filters and 2 nasal pillows or cushions.
- Every 3 weeks, replace your mask and tubing.
- Every 6 months, replace your chin strap, headgear, humidifier chamber and permanent filter.
Home Infusion Services
Medical Center Infusion Services provides acute and chronic intravenous home infusion therapy and specialty services in Tennessee, as a safe and effective alternative to a longer hospital stay.
Our pharmacists and case managers carefully assess each patient’s ability to benefit from home infusion therapy. Whether we are providing Synagis infusions to protect a baby from severe RSV disease or IV antibiotic therapy for a patient of any age, we are committed to patient comfort and exceptional IV therapy care.
- Pharmacist on call 24/7 after hours and weekends
- RN staff available for patient and caregiver education
- Delivery to 22 counties throughout west Tennessee with medications and nutritional formula
Advantages of having home infusion pharmacy with West Tennessee Healthcare system:
- Decrease hospital length of stay
- Allows continuum of care involving infectious disease physicians, hospitalists, pharmacists, case management, and patients
- Patients are able to remain in the comfort of their home
- Designed to provide post-mastectomy patients with comfortable and attractive fittings and accessories.
- Certified mastectomy fitters are on staff to provide experienced guidance for this special group of women.
- Expanded boutique carries most up-to-date fashion for patients and caregivers.
NONDISCRIMINATION NOTICE STATEMENT
West Tennessee Healthcare (WTH) does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, Limited English Proficiency or sex, including discrimination based on gender identity, sexual orientation, sex stereotyping or pregnancy in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by WTH directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which WTH arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
For further information about this policy, contact Amy Garner (731) 541-9914.